[bmw] RE: 88 735i rough idle and central loacking issue

emi (?) asks
>  I have been recently experiencing rough idle with my car  any ideas what
>it could be ( the car recently had a full tune up and the injectors were
>removed and cleaned)? The check engine light comes on and goes off on its
>own sporadically.

I don't know about 735i's, but E30s from the same era will store a trouble
code in the ecu (whenever the check engine light comes on, a trouble code is
generated and stored).. using a code reader (like the peake research one) or
using the 'pump the gas pedal 5 times' method (only for later motronic 1.3
ecus) you can retrieve the trouble code.

See jim conforti's website http://bonnevillemotorwerks.com/techtips.html for
info on how what ecu you have and what the codes mean

> Further, the central locking system works fine if you use
>the passenger door the divers door will only unlock all doors but not lock
>all doors?

I wrote a central lock faq for E30/E28 and I'm sure it's the same for E32..
do a websearch for 'e30 central lock faq' and check it out.. basically, your
drivers door lock cylinder is screwed up, or there is a problem with the
wiring harness (big connector which connects door to A pillar).

chris pawlowicz
'89 325i, '74 2002 ,'99 z3 2.8