[bmw] M30 engine prices?

Anyone know of a source for a good M30 engine?

I had Eurasian Automotive in Carrollton, GA replace my timing chain 15k miles ago. Last night it broke :( damaging the head & valves which were also reworked at the same time.

I found out from my son-in-law, who used to work there (not the mechanic who did the work on my car) that the guy who runs the place has a cheap way to do timing chains: instead of removing the gear set to install the chain, he takes a link out of the old chain and makes it a master link, cuts the new chain, and installs it with the master link.

Tomorrow I'll discover exactly where the chain broke, but I think I already know.

Have any of you guys ever heard of this type of work being done?

What do I do with/to this guy (legally)?

What information should I gather about proper timing chain repair procedures to let him know he owes me an engine?

Any and all advice is welcome!

John Leipold
Newnan, GA

1990 535i E34 "Lazarus"