[bmw] M30 Head questions

I have an M30 (3 liter twin carb big six, i.e. Bavaria) engine on a Euro E12 that I want to rebuild and improve. One down side is a pre-1981 head, which means it would be smart to change it before it cracks -- particularly as I intend to build an "improved" engine.

I have a line on a good, used head (1985 casting) which comes from an E23 745i. I am aware that the differences between a carb & injected head are : any injected head would not have the proper threaded holes to mount the mechanical fuel pump, the non-threaded hole for the pushrod, larger exhaust studs and (possibly) different valve sizes.

Does anyone know of other (possible) issues or challenges using a turbo head on a carb (or non-turbo injected) M30 engine? The price is just too good to pass up, unless there are some serious obstacles.

TIA,

Gregory in Geneva