[bmw] RE: bmw-digest V10 #70

<<   Other than that, I have '88 735i with 5sp manual running on 210K
miles, and the engine is still strong with only very minor leaks.
BTW, there are only 412 E32 7er with manual transmission, so if your
friend really wants a manual, there not many available.>>

Really? Only 412 manuals? I had/have a 1988 735i 5 speed.  It has 160k on it
and it was in perfect running and cosmetic condition when I got rear-ended
while stopped in Northern Virginia traffic.  Is it worth rebuilding?  What
is it worth if fixed properly?  BMW Excluservice estimated the cost of the
bodywork at $10k.  (It got hit HARD!)  It looks a lot like the 318ti right
now.

Phil Mitchell
Wheaton, Maryland