[bmw] Re: E39 headlight problem

At O dark thirty as we were leaving for a 1500 mile trip to the northwest I noticed the headlights were terminating 50 ft. in front of the car (528iT). At first I thought the leveling system had jammed and jacked up the rear end thus pointing the lights into the ground. Got to Oymplia OK and checked the headlamps. Normally the xenons point down and then lift up. All that happens is they click but don't move up into the proper point. Manual says they are self leveling. Can anyone give some tips on the xenon system or is this a dealer only fix? Everything is closed today but I can get it to a dealer tomorrow, if I have to.
Fred Callender RMC