[bmw] oil change

I just bought a 92 535i with 66K miles. After reading the owner's manual,
am I to understand that the car will tell me when it needs an oil change?
I've been a 3K guy for oil and filter change on my cars and am a little
wary of waiting for the notice on my dash. My 535 will be used for 75
percent city driving, 25 percent highway miles. Any ideas on when it
might indicate the need for a change? And what about coolant? I live in
Wisconsin. Every 2 years for a flush and change? I appreciate the help of
BMW veterans; this is my first (longtime Alfa lover and former 63 Guilia
and 74 GTV owner) and, a week into ownership, I love it.Happy motoring. ---
ken merrill--- vincent52@domain.elided--- EarthLink: The #1 provider of
the Real Internet.