RE: Headlamp Problem

I'm not 100% sure but believe the White/Violet is for the High , or second
element, so jumping it is a BAD idea!
If so, the ground for the Low beam relay is through the High beam elements,
so that when the High beam relay turns on, the ground for the Low relay is
gone, and the relay turns off - jumping it this way causes the relay to buzz
and can burn them out!

With your multitester, With the LIGHTHS OFF, check the RESISTANCE between
the fuse for the headlight in question and ground.  If the connection to the
headlight is good and the headlight Low beam itself is good, then you should
read just a few ohms.

On two occasions recently I've purchased 'brand new' halogen low beams that
didn't work.  The problem is that these lights are fairly uncommon today and
therefore the parts stock is usually very old.

If that checks out, and you have approx 12 volts at the light (engine off),
and a good ground at the light, then it HAS to light up!

If the light works and the trouble indicator is still on, you may need to
replace the 'relay' for the trouble indicator.

Stu