e34 540i Suspension Woes

Well, not quite yet, but starting to have a disconcerting light clunk/rattle in front suspension. Mostly noticeable over rough pavement, but I can also hear by turning steering wheel back and forth aggressively. My first thought is tie rod ends (I replaced control arms/bushings (BavAuto combo), shocks (with Bilsteins) and tie rod ends back in 99, 40,000+ miles ago). Are tie rod ends usually the first to go?

Other thing, is a barely noticable "rotary" light grinding sound (like wheel bearing) coming from right front, goes away on veer left, returns on veer right. Usually goes away when braking, but not always. Appeared before rotors/pads were replaced, still there after replacement. Thought it was backing plate, but no backing plate touching anything. How frequently do wheel bearings go on e34 540s?

Thoughts? Suggestions? Recommendations? Thanks!

Sorry for cross-post, but all input is appreciated.
--
John Barfuss
B CREATIVE / Barfuss Creative Services Inc.

616 459-8888 Phone
888 450-1088 Toll-free
616 459-6888 Fax

How can we B CREATIVE for you?