Re: E30 Steering Wheel Removal

Tdb1946@domain.elided wrote:
> I need to remove steering wheel w/air bag from 90 325i for instrument
> panel access.

Tom,
You do not.
The cluster will come out with the steering wheel in place (Bentley is
deceiving on this point).
Turn the wheel to about 10 o'clock position and pull the cluster out by
its 'ears'. Wiggle the wheel as you slide the cluster out down and to the
left.

> Bentley manual says don't attempt it, take to dealer. Surely there must
> be a way to safely remove the steering wheel without having to take it
> to a  dealer. I would be much obliged for instructions. Thanks.

Removing the power (unplug the battery) for 30+ minutes should disable the
airbag.
But YMMV.

alex f