Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:59:59 -0500
From: "Gary Allgood" <g.allgood@domain.elided>
Subject: N/A

1995 530i E34

Curious what the usual culprit is when the washer reservoir leaks?

I took the washer tank off, inspected it for cracks. It is two years old
according to documents that came with the car, and does not appear to be
leaking.

I inspected the rubber grommet, it sealed very tight both in the reservoir
and on the pump shaft. I did clean it too, made no difference.

I inspected the washer pump, it has dried blue washer fluid on it. There is
a strange pattern of dried blue washer fluid about 1/4 inch from the bottom
of the washer pump, I cannot tell but this may be a area were the pump is
molded or pressed together.

I am thinking that the pump is doing the leaking. It does operate, but not
for long as the tank runs dry in a few hours.

May as well purchase a new grommet along with a pump, suggestions on a
vendor with high quality parts?

Regards,

Gary