Make sure you use fuel line rated for FI system pressures. I bought some Gates-made hose at NAPA that was around $5.00/foot.

Steven Trujillo, posting for the 1st time since subscribing
strujillo@domain.elided

On Friday, July 18, 2003, at 12:47 PM, bmw-digest wrote:

Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:52:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: Rick Watson <ekiya@domain.elided>
Subject: Gas smell at start up

I have a 1989 325ix. Rcently, when I start the car in the morning, there is a strong gas smell in the cabin for the first 2 or 3 minutes. It seems to go away after the car runs a bit and I don't seem to get this problem unless the car has been sitting for a bit before I start it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Rick