From: owner-bmw@domain.elided [mailto:owner-bmw@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Tdb1946@domain.elided
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 8:27 PM
To: bmw-digest@domain.elided
Subject: gas/air question

Recently my air compressor went south and I needed to adjust tire air
pressure. I have a CO2 cylinder for welding. have wondered if it would
be harmfull to
use carbon dioxide to add a few lbs in a tire otherwise filled with air.

Would the gas/air in such a tire expand faster/slower than just air? Any
harm to
the rubber? Speaking of  tires on BMW's only of course! Thanks for any
info,
opinions.
Tom