gas/air question

Recently my air compressor went south and I needed to adjust tire air
pressure. I have a CO2 cylinder for welding. have wondered if it would be harmfull to
use carbon dioxide to add a few lbs in a tire otherwise filled with air.
Would the gas/air in such a tire expand faster/slower than just air? Any harm to
the rubber? Speaking of  tires on BMW's only of course! Thanks for any info,
opinions.
Tom