Re: Rear Shock on M3 E36

Have you tried searching for "silent recalls"? Mercedes does them all the time.

At 10:55 AM 7/7/03 -0500, you wrote:
I tend to agree that this is a structural flaw in the M3, which could have
easily (and cheaply, given the car's $44,000 price tag) been prevented with
some reinforcement, or even a rear tower brace...  My body shop says they
have handled around 30 of these failures themselves. Why nobody has
successfully gotten BMW to take responsibility for this is beyond me.
Although, you will be happy to note that it cost only about $250 ($240 of
which was labor and paint) to get this fixed at my local body shop.  (Yes it
was the same shop that the local BMW dealer uses)

I posted an article about a month ago which can be found at:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=Tv1Ka.33
37%24lT4.1612%40fe04.atl2.webusenet.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3
D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26q%3Dshock%2Btower%2Btearout%2B

OR, just Google the words "shock" "tower" "tearout" on the groups search
tab.

Good luck!

Mark

    -= Mark Justin Cecil == New Orleans, LA == mjcecil@domain.elided =-
                    -= http://noml.dyndns.org/mark.html =-
    -= UNIX/Storage Architecture, Implementation, and Administration =-

           "The truth is the truth, no matter what you *believe*"