Rear Shock on M3 E36

Has anyone out there had this experience:
98 M3 read shock upper mount has ripped completely loose from the mounting at the top of the wheel well
There is currently a large hole at the top of the shock tower.
This will have to be fixed, BMW is so far stonewalling everything, calls not being returned etc.
The car has about 100K miles but has been well maintained and never abused or tracked.
I think this is obviously a structural design flaw, bolting a shock right to the sheet metal at the top of the wheel well
is really dumb. What do you think out there ?
I have to get the car fixed, what are my options ? As I said before it looks like BMW will do nothing , so much
for German workmanship and how they stand behind their product. Buyer beware !
Can anyone recommend a good repair shop in the South Jersey, Phila. area that has done this kind of work.
Thanks in advance,
-Zack Lembo