squeaky E36 clutch pedal

Alex,

I had the same problem with my clutch.  It turned out to be the bushings at
the clutch pivot point.  It's a fairly common problem.  I finally cured mine
by a new set of bushings from UUC Motorwerks and a VERY generous application
of some Redline synthetic wheel bearing grease.
http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/html_product/clutch_arm_bushings/
They also get rid of the lateral play in the pedal, which bothered me also.

Here's mine
http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~smithm3/mods/clutch_arm/index.htm

Another option is Ron Stygar's delrin bushings and reamed out pedal.

Matthew C Smith
'96 328is