Re: E30 M3 non aluminium arms on E36

Re: E30 M3 non aluminium arms on E36:

Go ahead and use and E30 or E36 arm you want. They are geometrically the same, and the casting is likely identical, just holes and ball joint attaching method vary. Having figured this out, I'll never buy another overpriced //M3 arm for my //M3. I don't track the car, and if I do manage to kill the ball joint in street driving, I've still paid less than half the cost of what an //M arm would be.
Not sure where you are getting your price quotes, I recall something ~$89. (I think) from Bimmerworld for a regular E36 style arm last time I needed one. On the regular E36 arm the outer ball joint can be replaced. No sense really in doing that because if the outer is gone, the inner is just as worn, and the inner can not be replaced in the same way.
Hope this helps,

'jk