E30 M3 non aluminium arms on E36

I have been reading about this swap on and off but have only been able to
confirm the aluminium
swap but not the steel swap. The 89-91 E30 M3 aluminium control arms will fit
E36 cars. However
I haven't found anything about the E30 M3 steel arms fitting the E36 ? I
understand that the E30 arms
do not have a removable outer ball joint however this isn't much a big issue
because by the time the
outer fails, the inner probably needs to be replaced, atleast this is what
happened in my case. The reason
I ask this is because there is a significant price difference for the E30 arms
as opposed to the
E36 arms. If anyone knows the answer to this, please let me know. Thanks

Mike
93 318i