Re: E30 M3 non aluminium arms on E36

Thanks JK. I continued to do some shopping around on the control arms until I
found
that the E30 arms were going for $74 and the E36 for $79. I had found one
source
that had E30 arms for $70. I initially was working with price quotes of $97
and $101
per arm and so understandably this was going to the cheaper option. I thought
I had
the steal of a lifetime when I found E36 arms for $64 but these turned out to
be
after market arms which I have heard are a 'no-no'. At the end of the day I
opted to
get Lemforder E36 arms given the $5 difference. I got mine from BMA
888-262-3911.
Hadn't heard about them and only found about about them from a post on
Roadfly,
very nice fellows, and they have great prices too.

However it was not a lesson in vain, I think many owners are unaware of the
upgrade option
with E30 aluminium M3 arms which are lighter or a less expensive option if one
is looking
to replace the stocks on the M3 using the E30 arms or  to improve their stock
E36 suspension.
As a point of interest, steel arms were superceded by aluminum in the E30 M3s
from 10/89
onwards. Thanks again for your help in answering this.

Mike