re: E36 When does the Radiator Crack for M42?

Anup,
It's not just the E36. The E30 M42 radiators did the same thing (as I'm
sure all plastic-tanked radiators do). The plastic just gets old and
separates from the aluminum. I'd suggest replacing it ASAP. It's
relatively cheap vs a new motor. Any small coolant leak could become a
large coolant leak, and that would be not be much fun.

I bought mine from Vertex Automotive a couple of years before they
started selling rice crap, and hiked the prices to nearly dealer level.

Neil
'91 318is <-new-ish radiator
'86 M535i
'89 325iX parts car.

<snip>
I have heard a lot about the radiator crack stories that people have had
with their E36s.  I have a 318i (M42 engine) with 90k on the clock.  The
car is 1994.  I believe most people had problems with the 325i, I am not
sure if 318i has the same legacy.
</snip>