E36 When does the Radiator Crack for M42?

Hey all,

I have heard a lot about the radiator crack stories that people have had
with their E36s.  I have a 318i (M42 engine) with 90k on the clock.  The car
is 1994.  I believe most people had problems with the 325i, I am not sure if
318i has the same legacy.

Would anyone know if the M42 is also vulnerable to the thermal stress
cracking on the plastic material that BMW uses for radiators (what were they
thinking!!!).

I don't see much coolant loose, it dropped 2-3 inches on the reservoir tank
in a year.  Also, there are no visual signs of any cracks and the temp gauge
is steady at 12 o'clock.

Before I do  this preventive swap, would appreciate any
feedback/experiences.

Thanks,
Anup

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef]