Windshield scuttle piece - E36

Michael,

Don't be too annoyed with the windshield repair person; we're refurbishing my
son's '92 325IS and this same piece was disintegrating as we 'looked' at it!
They're not expensive, about $75. Canadian ( $55. U.S.) from the dealer, as I
recall, and easy to install.

Cheers,

Greg Connolly, Ottawa, Canada

>Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 14:00:40 -0500
>From: "Michael Stano" <>
>Subject: E36 windshield trim problem

>Yesterday, the M3 (a '95) got a new windshield.  Across the whole width of
>the bottom of the windshield is a piece of plastic (?) which extends under
>the hood.  The wiper arms fit through this piece, and it also contains the
>air intake for ventilation.  The plastic seems somewhat brittle from age or
>exposure to the sun.  In the process of installing the windshield, the
>installer managed to break off pieces of the plastic in several places, and
>he tried to cover up his goofs with sealant.  I'm pretty upset about the
>mess the guy left.  Has any one replaced this piece?  Is there a source for
>the piece other than the dealer?  Price?

>TIA for any information.

>Mike

___