Re: [alfa] RE: crankcase vent

 Tony,

you could be right about the headgasket but worn rings will result in
excessive blow-by.  I'm not familiar with the configuration of the separator
on your model car, especially a US market Spica, but on earlier carb version
cars the separator is simply a small swirl can which is easily rinsed out in
solvent.  On the occasions I've suffered excessive blow-by the oil fouled
the airfilter element.  This was on a Dell'Orto equipped car with the 'euro'
airbox.

Has the engine been overheated lately ?

Beatle
Oz