RE: Re: [alfa] V6 Alfetta sedan for sale

> I have fitted a 3.0 lt V6 into the sedan for a race car. The 2lt
> will never
> have the balls of a 3.0V6 unless we go turbo charging, and thats another
> story. I would hardly call  some of alfa's V6 sedands flops, the alfa6
> excepted. To get  200hp from a 2lt without a turbo? The thing would be a
> hand grenade. My V6 will have 260 without being a hand grenade.
> The alfetta
> sedan is a better balanced car than the coupe and having an early
> sedan with
> a V6 is different. I do not think it is worth fitting a 2.5lt
> into a sedan.
> The gains are nominal.
> Cheers,

Richard Jemmison, Filipo Reina and Andrew Garcia all get 250+ HP from their
SCCA 2.5 V6 race cars.   The list of people getting 200+ reliable HP from a
2L 4 is too long to list.   If you know how to build a reliable race motor,
it's not a grenade at all.   Forced induction isn't the only way to make
power.   Maybe the Benica boys are using it to make power, but it's not
legal for club racing here in the US.  I believe the 2.0TS is capable of
250hp.   It was never imported here hence not legal for any racing so that
can't be proven.   There was a 2.0TS in VSCSA in the mid 90s but the owner
has since passed away and the car sold.  It was never dynod.   They let him
in, even though he wasn't exactly legal.  VSCDA is fun-run racing anyway,
with no prizes or money.   The Alfa racing scene here in the US is alive and
well with all the inovations I'd expect from the creative Alfa people to
make the reliable power you need to win.  Reina, along with 3 other Alfas
made the SCCA runoffs this year in very competetive divisions.

If you want to talk forced induction how about a 500+hp 2.0TS with twin
turbos and 206mph?   I'll let Steck fill in the details about Bonnie and her
successor.    Honestly, I could blow my street legal 3.0V6 to 400hp without
blinking an eye and keep it together for 1000s of miles.

I thought I'd point out a few examples of what has been achieved.

-Peter