[alfa] '79 & '81 spiders FS in SF Bay Area / Reno, NV

Hi all,

So in the last few days I've come across a couple of spiders for sale. They're quite on opposite ends of the spectrum, but I figured I'd put them in here to see if y'all are interested:

1980/81 spider: I was over at the gas station putting some air in my tire when the owner approached me and told me about a spider he had out back. No rust, decent interior, paint and top, rear panel pushed in a bit. Rear bumper has a trailer hitch sticking out of it. He says it's showing 35 lbs. of compression, and won't start even though it has fuel and spark. Last registered in 1998, dark red on red interior (I think), 111K miles. He said he'd take $500 for it, but I'm sure you could get it for less than that - he's put a lien on it for a new battery or recharge or something like that. Call Hassan Khaziri at 650.964.3600 - it's the Union 76 on El Monte in Mountain View. If you want, I can take digital pics.

1979 spider: I know less about this car. My parents noticed this car up in Tahoe since it's white on burgundy like mine. However, this one has only 28K miles and is, according to them, spotless. They said it started up and ran like a new car. The guy who was selling it bought it a few years ago from someone who'd stored it for a long time, but he's now in his eighties and is thinning out his collection. All I know is his name is Slats, he's based in Reno, and his number is 775.782.9518. I think he wanted $9,000 for it.

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear if anyone picks up one of the cars.
Chris Keen
'77 spider
Los Altos, CA