Re:Re: [alfa] V6 Alfetta sedan for sale

Hi Benjamin,

Happy to help but you might not want to hear what I have to say.
Fitting the V6 was hard work, and to make it road worthy there will be alot
of enginering to be inspected.
The engine mounts are altered and you require a V6 radiator (which doesnt
just drop in). The engine does fit under the bonet however I had to cut some
of the bracing on the underside of the bonet.
In order to use an alfa 90 drive line I had to widen the "trasmission
tunnel" thus a different rear engine mount was required.
If you want to keep the car road worthy you will also need to run five stud
wheels and V6 Brakes. Nothing to hard there but they are required.
Then there is the issue of fuel injection lines surge tanks ect ect
My opinion is if you are going to fit a V6 fit a 3lt.
A hot 2lt will keep up with a 2.5lt.
A lot of effort and expense when you could modify your 2lt or buy an alfa
90.
I have fitted a twin spark into a gtv and I know several others have into
sedans.
That was also a big job but not quite as hard. Fitting the fuel injection on
the twin spark was the hardest part and I tried to talk the owner into
fitting 45mm carbs and do away with the hassel. With the standard ecu there
is little you can do to increase power.
The other thing, with the twin spark in victoria, all we had to do to make
it legal was change the engine number. Because it is not heavier than the
standard 2lt bigger brakes are not required. Also there are know alterations
that need an engineres report.
Anyway its so hard to get mine road worthy im selling the car as a race car
only.
Also have a 24V 164 super for sale
and a 1980 GTV.