Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:37:30 -0500
From: "Rex Cars" <rexcars@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] No Brake Lights On '91 164S

<snip>

Unless I have an very strange open circuit somewhere, all of this
suggests
that the Alfa Romeo Control Panel is bad.  There is another little
control
box for the outer two stop lamps (its job seems to be to keep the AR
Control
Panel from becoming upset when the turn signal flashes, which
apparently
uses the same circuit as the brake light).  Turn signals and quarter
lamps
work fine, as to the 4-way flashers.  But the CHMSL bypasses this
second box
and is apparently illuminated directly from the AR Control Panel itself
(since it doesn't get power from the turn signal circuits).  When the
CHMSL
doesn't light, as is the case on my car, the manual suggests that the
AR
Control Panel is bad.

<snip>

Thanks,