[alfa] No Brake Lights On '91 164S

All three brake lights (CHMSL and both corner lights) are out on my 1991
164S.  There is power to and from the pedal switch, from there to the relay
(which goes "click" when the brake pedal is pressed) and from there to the
Alfa Romeo Control Panel, which lights up the "bulb out" lamp when the brake
pedal is pushed (thanks, Jeff!).  I have verified that the fuse (number 15)
is OK. Pulling this fuse makes the "bulb out" lamp glow all the time.

Unless I have an very strange open circuit somewhere, all of this suggests
that the Alfa Romeo Control Panel is bad.  There is another little control
box for the outer two stop lamps (its job seems to be to keep the AR Control
Panel from becoming upset when the turn signal flashes, which apparently
uses the same circuit as the brake light).  Turn signals and quarter lamps
work fine, as to the 4-way flashers.  But the CHMSL bypasses this second box
and is apparently illuminated directly from the AR Control Panel itself
(since it doesn't get power from the turn signal circuits).  When the CHMSL
doesn't light, as is the case on my car, the manual suggests that the AR
Control Panel is bad.

I don't want to hear that. Has anyone been here who can offer some useful
suggestions?

If not, I guess I will pull the smaller control box and see if it is getting
power from the AR Control Panel, but why wouldn't the CHMSL light if power
was coming out of the AR Control Panel?

Thanks,
Rex in Albany