[alfa] DIY steel brake lines

Friends and Gurus-- I have a question for any knowledgeable chap about how to make one's own brake lines. But first... a story:

One Friday I was driving on the highway to Denver at 110mph. Following Saturday, I took the car for an alignment. While on the lift, the mechanic noticed lots of rust around the proportioning valve and on the solid brake lines connected to it--he subsequently touched them and pushed his little finger thru all of them, thereby crumbling them and making my brake system useless. Better that it happened on Saturday rather than on Friday at 110, bless his curious little heart (and finger).

I've been told that my only option for replacing them (short of junk yard parts) is to make my own.  Apparently I can get some steel lines and bend them to conform.  I'm not very experienced in machining things....

Can someone tell me (and all of us) how to make custom brake lines and which tools to use? General procedure?

Thanks oh-so-much!