From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of Mark
Patterson
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 8:05 AM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] liner-block clearance

I just put new liners in my 1750, and they have much
more clearance (~0.018") above the block than the spec
(0.002").  The clearance is pretty consistent across
all of them.  But I have them just sitting in there,
rather than being pushed down with a washer-pipe
combo.  Should the measurement be made with them
pushed down?  (I don't know if the o-ring could be
holding them up a bit.)  How much clearance is too
much?

Mark