From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of Ed &
Marsha Prytherch
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 6:36 PM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] stuck cylinder head

I got some good advice about constructing and using a factory type puller
to get the stuck cylinder head off my GTV engine. One correspondent has
pulled
the threads from the spark plug holes using the tool, so I plan to use a
torque wrench. Can anyone suggest a torque setting for this operation?
Spark plugs take about 24 lb-ft, but I imagine that it will take more than
that to
move the head.
Thanks,
 Ed Prytherch, Columbia SC