[alfa] ANZA exhaust vs. stock

Can anyone address whether or not it is significant enough to pay the
premium of getting ANZA exhaust components over the Alfa stock exhaust
components?  My  Milano center and rear mufflers are getting replaced and I
can't decide if paying a bit more for ANZA  product is really worth it.  I
care less about the exhaust note and more on reduced backpressure...

mike in sd
Well, I have a old, used, one I just put on.. and it's for a Spider.. and there's no stamping or marking to indicate if it's really a ANZA or some kind of knock off... (after all that, why continue??) Hey, it was $10... ;-)

Sound is louder at low rpm, quieter at higher.. and since the pipe size is the same, I really don't know if it's noticibly different performance wise than the stock one I had.. Don't know if the two smaller final holes total more than the single, wider stock one, or if internally it has less resistance. For a larger displacement motor like the V6's, slight differences might mean a bit more..

Hmmm... just thought of a ghetto way to measure the differences.. maybe I'll try it. Use a shop vac to blow/suck large amounts of air thru the muffler, then use some kind of gauge to indicate how much back pressure/vacumm is developed.
Need a pretty low level gauge, probably a range of only several inches of water will be developed. Which means that the ol' plastic hose with water in it and ruler can do for the gauge... Hmmm...

(no Jon, it's 1 am, and you have that new job in the morning.. step AWAY from the garage!!!)

Jon 77 Spider
Irvine, CA