[alfa] U joints

I have had the recent pleasure(?) of installing, or trying to install, 4
different brands of U joint from 5 different sources. I can say for sure
that the ones from Highwood Alfa were the best. I am about to rebuild
another driveshaft and I bought more U joints from Highwood.
Some of the not so good ones were .1" too long. They simply will not fit.
The marginal ones were about .015" too long and they will just fit if you
have some thin snap rings on hand. The ones from the local parts store were
probably for a 1600 - too small in diameter and length.
Ed Prytherch, Columbia SC
73 GTV
79 Spider