[alfa] RE: stuck cylinder head

Ed Prytherch wrote:
I am having a hard time removing the cylinder head from a 74 GTV engine. The
engine is on an engine stand. I have removed the 10 dome nuts and the 2

Ed
All the purists will throw their hands up in horror at this, but what I have
done when all else has failed, is use a large hammer, like a sledge hammer. I
hammer on the exhaust side, where those recesses are, with a block of some
sort placed there so I'm not hitting the head directly. Just one or two really
hard hits removes the head. Done this many times with no damage - ever.

Les Singh
Wellington, New Zealand