[alfa] RE: can stock alternator handle 100W bulbs?

Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:29:03 -0500
From: "Watry, Andrew (LNG-SFR)" <Andrew.Watry@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] can stock alternator handle 100W bulbs?

I wonder if a stock 1750/2000 type alternator, in my Giulia Super, can
handle the load of 7" quartz headlights with 55W low beams and 100W high
beams.  I've been running 55W/60W bulbs just fine, but would like some more
light.  Thanks for any advice.

Andrew Watry

Andrew

No sweat: this is what I've got. If the alternator is getting weak and you
have the 500W stereo going, plus the heater, a/c,and GPS navigation system,
you'll see a faint red glow from the ignition light at night, otherwise it'll
be just fine! :-)

Ciao
Les in Wellington, NZ