Re: [alfa] Preparing for a new driving season

I would invest in lightening the gears for sure.  You will be able to shift much faster and the trans will last forever.  The more gears you lighten, the better, but the largest ones give you the most bang for the buck. When my Spider gearbox needs rebuilding in the future, I will DEFINITELY be lightening the gears. Also, I would just use Spirax gear oil (I forget which brand that is but it is a common one)...

Here's a link:

http://www.speedquest.com/gearlightning/

Also, I think you can buy them pre-done from Centerline or Bruce's part bin or somewhere.  Maybe someone on the digest knows...

--
Jason Hagen
Chicago, IL