[alfa] Direction of the club

I know a lot of you are concerned over the perceived direction of the club. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Besides myself, there are a few other Directors who are interested in newer things, especially the up to date information of the cars that Alfa produces and sells in Europe.

I also know the more active clubs tend to be more open in general to support their events. A good example are our friends in the SoCal chapter. If you check out their track events, they are far from limited to Alfas only- P-cars, B-cars (anything German for that matter). They are not the only ones who are so opened armed.

I'm sure there are others who are not as welcoming, but I can't help people like that, all I can do is welcome all, even if they DON'T have an Alfa.

Additionally, we have members like Pete Webb, who I wish would get off his rear and write that MS article!!! These are the guys who are the modern hot rodders, using computers to modify their cars. I think Nizam is like that too... People like Jim Steck and Wes Ingram also support this small market with aftermarket computers. If I guess right, our new young friend Monty will follow in their footsteps.

We all know Monty's struggles, and I know Peter is just ITCHING to be more active. It happens. I'm like that too. I know I got lucky, as John Hoard is very open to everyone, so as we add more and more events, we just do it. Peter, perhaps we should co-chair my fall Gignerman event- you get some experience in running an event (easy), and you can do one on your own! Run ONE money making event, without help, and you are GOLDEN.

Guys like you will be ostracized for a while, but stick with it- you love the car, and you love the modern electronics.

And whether we like it or not, that IS the future of the club.

For now, we are a club of vintage cars, who want the modern stuff from Europe.

Also, if you have tech articles and are worried that the "Owner" will reject them, contact me. I'll make sure it gets in- as long as it's correct...

For that matter, if you have any other issues about the club, feel free to contact me... This is your club, and yours to make it what it is and will be.

Eric Storhok
A2

AROC Detroit Homepage: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~alfa/index.htm