[alfa] GTV6 vs. Milano Rear Rotor Bolts (semi-rant)

Hi All,
  I just bought an '87 Milano to complement my '84 GTV6.  The Milano's rear
brake rotors (perhaps original and never before removed) are very thin and I
decided to replace them.
  I'm *way* too familiar with the GTV6's hex-head bolts that go through the
inner CV joint flanges, through the rotor center, and into the flange of
each axle stub.
  Now I find that the Milano has a somewhat different arrangement.  The
inner CV joint is different and there's an adapter (for lack of a better
word) that's sandwiched between the CV joint and the brake rotor.  There's
not enough clearance to simply remove the six adapter-to-brake-rotor Allen
socket cap bolts without first  removing the six  similar bolts that connect
the CV joint to the adapter.
  I successfully removed all twelve CV-joint-to-adapter bolts (each released
with a loud *crack* under major torque, after being soaked with penetrating
oil).  I similarly loosened eleven of the adapter-to-rotor bolts.
Naturally, the remaining bolt's Allen socket is threatening to yield,
despite my use of a pristine 8mm hex bit..  I decided to apply more
penetrating oil and call it night before I did something I'd regret in the
morning.
  My question (finally) is:  What prompted Alfa to complicate this part of
the drivetrain?  This *improvement* doubles the number of bolts involved in
the removal of the brake rotors.  It also introduces Allen
(born-to-be-stripped) socket cap bolts into the equation.  Just wondering if
anyone knew of the rationale for this.
  Thanks.

Bert Neily
Raleigh, NC USA
'84 GTV6
'87 Milano on jack stands.
'89 Plymouth Acclaim Turbo w/cylinder head on work bench.