Re: [alfa] 2.5L vs 3.0L Milano Flywheels...Different?

Kevin,
I've gotten the same info about the flywheel weights.  It is supposed to be one
of the reasons why the 2.5s have better throttle response, i.e., rev easier,
than the 3.0s.  It's also why I had mine machined to be lighter when I did my
3.0 conversion.  Subjectively, I think it worked, the 3.0 I have is has great
throttle tip in response.  I did find out after the fact that what I did was a
no-no because the V6 flywheels are (aledgedly) balanced with the crank.  I guess
I dodged a bullet on that one because my engine is smooth all the way up to
redline.

Sorry I can't be much help on the transplant source question, mine came from a
Verde.

-Ray
'84 GTV 6
San Diego