From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of Dio
Genio
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 1:51 AM
To: Alfa Digest
Subject: [alfa] 2.5L vs 3.0L Milano Flywheels...Different?

Thanks to all who have posted regarding the
transplanting of a 164 "L" engine into a Milano...my
next project. I'm now pretty much sure that the 164
engines are a drop-in fit from a mounting perspective,
as long as you use the 2.5L bell housing, starter and
distributor setup. A number of people have put 164
engines into their GTV-6s without any apparent issues,
so I'd imagine the Milano must follow suit.

The flywheels are still a mystery, however. Some claim
the 3.0L Milano flywheel is different than the 2.5L.
Is this true? And if so, exactly how are they
different? I have spoken to people who just bolted up
the 2.5L flywheel to the 164 engine and happily drove
off, with no apparent ills.

Or am I missing something here?

TIA,

-D-