Don't have a catalog handy, but Jeg's sells such a switch, made by Painless. I've got one in my '74 Spider, threaded into a bung I had soldered into the radiator. It was ~$30, and has worked well for a couple of years now. With those temp specs, the switch works perfectly if installed in the lower radiator tank, as it's measuring the coolant temp after it's passed through the radiator core. The fan I'm using is a 12" Permacool, mounted as a pusher.

Regards,

Dean

At 12:43 AM 3/11/2004, you wrote:

Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:17:22 -0500
From: Bruce Giller <bgiller@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Radiator fan switch for a GTV

Yes, for a GTV. I want to retro fit a thermocouple fan switch into my
GTV's radiator to run an electric fan. I'd like it to turn on at 185 F
and turn off at 170 F. Does anyone have a part number for such a beast?

Bruce

'86 Spider
'73 GTV - replacing #1 piston/liner after the oil rings broke and
scored the liner as well as ruining the piston