RE: [alfa] drive relay bypass?

> Hoses are now in place now. One more question (or a
> million)...I've bypassed
> the l-jet for my euro manifold/carbs/fuel pressure regulator set
> at 3.5 psi
> setup, now my external fuel pump is not working. I know the fuel
> pump is good
> as I had a new replacement for the old one today. In my Alfa shop
> manual the
> external fuel pump engages when ignition is turned to no. 2 position, then
> with the engine started the same fuel pump functions are directed
> by the drive
> relay behind the passenger seat. Do I have to bypass this? how?

Do you have this dead-headed at the regulator?

The pump will overheat without a return and a fresh supply of tank fuel and
eventually cavitate.    I don't think the EFI pump (125psi) will survive in
this set up without a return.  Do you hear the pump running while cranking?
Do you hear the relay click when you turn the key?   Is the L-Jet ECU still
plugged in while you try this?

Just a guess based on the description given.

-Peter