[alfa] drive relay bypass?

Hoses are now in place now. One more question (or a million)...I've bypassed
the l-jet for my euro manifold/carbs/fuel pressure regulator set at 3.5 psi
setup, now my external fuel pump is not working. I know the fuel pump is good
as I had a new replacement for the old one today. In my Alfa shop manual the
external fuel pump engages when ignition is turned to no. 2 position, then
with the engine started the same fuel pump functions are directed by the drive
relay behind the passenger seat. Do I have to bypass this? how? wow...I feel
like Mother Teresa is in my outlook mailbox! Who is the saint of Alfa Romeo
anyhow? cause...we need to have a talk! I guess he doesn't talk to the stupids
(me)! None-of-the-less I suppose we'll be friends soon....

Thanks in advance, and thanks for the help I've received thus far....

Christopher