Re: [alfa] drive relay bypass?

Peter,

Thanks for the insight/forsight. Here are the answers...

Do you hear the pump running while cranking?
Yes = after new relay instillation.

Do you hear the relay click when you turn the key?
Yes = after new relay instillation....is this bad? Am I burning out the
relay by having an oversized pump?

Is the L-Jet ECU still plugged in while you try this?
Yes.. I just unplugged it.

After I wrote the prior email to the digest, I went straight to the garage
and changed the relay with a new one, the fuel pump kicked on with all of
the sounds you described.

Do you have this dead-headed at the regulator?
Yes...Will the 125psi blow the regulator? Do you think I am continuing to
flood the engine this way? The reason I ask this is, the engine will start
with starting fluid then dies, it will not start on it's own.

I'm going to order the pump designed for the carb. sys...

Thanks a million,

Christopher