[alfa] Il Museo

Digesti

The Alfa factory museum is open all the time X as
George pointed out the extended lunch hour.  I also
used my passport and the guard looked at me like I'd
just given him my first born (if I had one).  I'd
suggest handing him your international drivers license
or your US drivers license.  I think they want a photo
ID.  Remember you have to go thru the main guard, ask
for the museum and the guard will direct you to the
main office complex which has another fence and guard.
Once inside though you are basically free to roam
where you please and I did because I missed the signs
that said the museum was across the courtyard from the
building you first enter but 1 story up.  Look at the
Alfa airplane engines and the stove when you first
enter.  Finally, don't expect to see anyone else in
the museum including anyone to answer questions. When
we were there 3 Germans were also looking around and
they left soon leaving us with the cleaning lady. They
do not have a gift shop. If you are reading the digest
then you are into the cars sufficantly to owe yourself
one trip to the museum.

Doug Brown
EP Alfa 36