[alfa] Autoitalia @ Portofino

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy POrtifino Dean. The previous shows were
packed with all sorts of Italian cars and due to conflicting schedules with
the show at Winterpark this show was moved from late nov - early Dec to
March. That probably played a roll in the attendance of both vehicles and
spectators. I didn't put on the show but it is one of my favorites venues.
The setting by the water is very picturesque and italian. All of the Alfisti
I talked to enjoyed the show. Unfortunately there was another car show going
on In Dunedin Florida that took some of the usual attendees from this show.
I have been to Portifino when you couldn't move due to the people and cars
crammed in there. I agree the turnout of cars was slighter than previous
years. I didn't see any Innocentis, Fiat Balillas, Isos or some of the more
rare makes but the people make the show and the people involved did a great
job with what they have. Competing here in Florida this time of year for a
weekend to stage a show is difficult and many folks pick and choose the
events they can attend. Next week is the Amelia ISland show, last week was
the Polo grounds in Sarasota, two weeks ago was the Vinoit Hotel Festival of
Speed in St Petersburg - lots of things going on around here. No one can
attend all of them so we pick either what's close or what we enjoy most. If
we all went to all of them every event would be the same. It's a shame you
couldn't just enjoy the day with the other Alfa owners and by the way I
didn't think '64 was considered a late model year for ALfas. There were at
least three '64 Alfa Spiders. The 166 was a unique entry as well. All I can
say is better luck next time. By the way I drove my '64 Spider from Tampa on
I-4 and had no problems what so ever with the traffic - except for the
occasional roadwork.
    Ciao,
    Mark