[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V9 #1162

Alfa's direction in the US? Let me see if I can make this clear enough for
everyone. The Spider could have evolved into a car in the class of the Miata/MR2
at around $35,000.00. the next level up could have been something like a
coupe/convertible in the price range of the BMW Z roadster. The high flyer could
have competed with the Porsche Boxster, BMW M roadster. None of these car
classes would have any competition except for the listed makes... Alfas only
problem would be the same old ones. Lack of quality, lack of dealer support and poor
marketing. Please before all of you write to me... The new Alfas are close
but they still are NOT in the same league as Porsche and BMW and they don't even
come close to Toyota's dealer network. GM has some serious quality and dealer
issues not to mention marketing anomalies. Anybody out there wonder why
Oldsmobile died or why the Mustang keeps selling and GM can't give away Firebirds
and Camaros? Look at my neighbors 2000 WS6 Trans Am what a piece of crap!
Everything rattles squeaks or falls apart. The leather looks like it has been out
in the sun for twenty years and the red paint is faded. The best part, the car
is garaged and has less the 20,000 miles... If anyone wants Alfa back they
better pray they don't come with GM or they won't last long. God, how I wish Ford
had bought Alfa in 1987.
Thomas Gonnella