Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 22:49:48 -0800
From: George Graves <gmgraves@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Re: more Italy thoughts

I tried to visit the Righini collection. It's on the Via Nino Bixio in
an old castle outside of  the town of Castelfranco Emilia.
Unfortunately, it seems that there's no one there - ever. You have to
call the guy who runs the museum, he's located in Bologna, I
understand. His telephone number is +39.057.733.169. I was never able
to get anybody to answer that line. If you do get to visit the museum,
there is a small trattoria right across the street from the castle,
(this is out in the country, sort of in the middle of nowhere). Try to
have lunch there, The food is splendid. I thought that the people who
ran the museum, would naturally be AT the museum during business hours.
I thought wrong. The lady who ran the trattoria explained to me that
one has to make an appointment and someone would meet me at the museum
at the appointed hour. Since I was never able to reach anybody by
phone, I never got to see any more than the outside of the castle.
Here's hoping you have better luck. Don't miss the Stenguellini
collection on the Via Emilia in Modena. It's behind the Fiat
dealership, you can't miss it.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0 'S'