Re: [alfa] GTV6 DeDion bushing

Allen Mitchell wrote:

either. Removing the crossmember from the triangle was a challenge also, since the bolt had rusted itself to the metal part of the rubber bushing, and when I finally got it to turn, the whole rubber part of the bushing began to rotate. As the bolt unscrewed, the bushing stayed attached, and began to expand the crossmember.
I tried fire, hammers, etc. to no avail. Finally, a sawzall got involved.
Heh. I had that same problem. It was a nightmare job, to separate the sleeve from that bolt. After a few hours of effort, I finally got loosened the two with by holding the sleeve with some vise grips and using an impact wrench.

The new one got a healthy application of anti-seeze.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org