RE: [alfa] Electric window woes

> I have a  91 Spider Vel.  and I recently have had a window problem. The
> window will sort of go down but not back up.     I took the door panel
> off,  pulled up the window and looked around  but could not figure  out
> how it wasn't working.  Could anyone help me with this?  Pretty weather
> is here and I will be wanting to put the windows down.

I just went through this.   Eventually the window quit working all together.
My local mechanic told me it's the wires that run through the door.   He was
right (as he usually is).   Took a couple of hours to get a good fix.   They
break either inside the rubber sheathing or just prior to that inside the
fender.   I did some diagnostics with a DMM to determine if I was even
getting power to the motor before I tore into the door itself.   It's more
than likely electrical.

HTH

-Peter